• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gulbis was a quarterfinal winner Tuesday at t
Paris, France - The 18th-seeded Ernests Gulbis was a quarterfinal winner Tuesday at the 2014 French Open. The talented Latvian upset sixth-seeded Czech star and former Wimbledon runner-up Tomas Berdych 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 on the famed red clay at Roland Garros. The 25-year-old Gulbis, who improved to 3-4 lifetime against Berdych, is currently riding a nine-match winning streak and already owns a pair of titles in France this season, including one in Nice just one day before the French Open commenced. Hes 13-0 on French soil for the year. "Its very special," Gulbis said in an on-court interview. "Today was the best match of the tournament. I did everything well." Gulbis has not lost to a seeded player at a Grand Slam event since the 2010 Australian Open, compiling a 5-0 mark. Former world No. 1 Novak Djokovic was also a winner on Tuesday, defeating eighth-seeded Canadian Milos Raonic 7-5, 7-6 (7-5), 6-4. Two more quarterfinals will be staged on Wednesday, when current world No. 1 Rafael Nadal takes on fifth-seeded fellow Spaniard David Ferrer and seventh- seeded Wimbledon champion Andy Murray meets 23rd-seeded French crowd favorite Gael Monfils. The 13-time Grand Slam winner Nadal captured a fourth straight French Open title and eighth overall championship here a year ago by besting Ferrer in the final. Nadal, who turned 28 on Tuesday, is 21-6 lifetime against the 32-year-old Ferrer, including 3-0 at Roland Garros. Ferrer, however, upset Nadal on clay in Monte Carlo back in April. The amazing Nadal is trying to become the first man to capture five straight French Open championships. Devin Hester Bears Jersey . The two were in the batting cage moments before game time. Bautista was taking final warm up cuts. Pillar was hitting soft toss. The one-time utility player turned All-Star pulled aside the clubs young, fourth outfielder and offered him some advice. Dick Butkus Bears Jersey .Stanton suffered fractures in his face and other injuries when he was hit by a pitch Sept. 11. The Marlins are confident hell fully recover and be ready for spring training, and they hope to reach a long-term agreement with him. http://www.bearsrookiestore.com/Bears-Mi...ka-Jersey/ . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Khalil Mack Jersey . The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. Dan Hampton Bears Jersey .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings take aim at an eighth straight victory on Monday night as they wrap up a road trip versus the Calgary Flames.Worcestershire batsman Tom Fell has made an emotional return to cricket despite battling cancer. The 22-year-old made 41 runs opening the batting for Worcestershires second XI against Sussex on Monday. He was Worcestershires leading run-scorer in the County Championship last season before being diagnosed with testicular cancer in October.  He suffered a setback in March when it was found to have spread to his lymph nodes. Fell is now awaiting a third round of chemotherapy but is determined to make a first-team return later this summer. Despite battling testicular cancer, Fell made an emotional return to cricket on Monday, opening the batting and making 41 runs for Worcestershires second XI He told Sky Sports News HQ: Its brilliant to see everyone again and to be back in amongst it.dddddddddddd Its the way to cope with it, to do as much as you can and try and live your life as normally as you can. So being at training gives you a lift and makes everything a lot better.I think being younger I do have a bit of an advantage over some other people who do have chemotherapy so Ive found that I have coped with it fairly well but obviously there are bad days and good days. Luckily, I have more good than bad. Fell flicks a ball to the boundary while playing for Worcester last summer Hopefully it wont affect me too much in the ling run and I will be able to get back into first-team contention by June time and still have a decent season.  Also See: County Championship Div One table County Championship Div Two table Domestic fixtures/results Get Surrey tickets! ' ' '